Finance Manager, Latin America
Location: Cuauhtémoc, CDMX
Reports to: Vice President of Latin America
Position Type: 100% FTE
HIP-Latinoamérica, A.C. is a non-profit organization based in Mexico which works in collaboration with and supports programs for Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) a US based non-profit organization working with a transnational network of grantmakers committed to strengthening Latinx communities across the Americas. Together HIP connects and convenes funders, nonprofits, researchers, and other leaders to identify emerging needs among Latinx as well as best practices for responsive and effective funding of social change. HIP pioneers new philanthropic models by leading collaborative initiatives and has provided grants and training to help build the capacity of more than 800 organizations and leaders.
The Finance Manager is responsible for overall financial management and compliance for HIP-Latinoamérica, A.C., including managing payroll; budgeting and monitoring of project expenditures; financial reporting and auditing; forecasting expenditures; and maintaining and supervising project accounts, books of accounts, banking and financial operations, human resources, and related administrative tasks.
- Manage payroll, payables, and receivables for HIP-Latinoamérica, A.C.
- Manage financial and administrative records and systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports
- Maintain, reconcile, and preparing reporting from Quickbooks, and Compact
- Support the U.S. finance team with accounting, administrative and financial matters as needed
- Participate in budget analysis, cash flow, and forecasting
- Assist with year-end audit and monthly tax reporting procedures
- Support program staff with administration of budgets, grant payments, vendor contracts and billing
- Train program staff on finance policy and process, and proactively identify process improvements
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits, or other as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Latin America
- 5+ years in a similar role or equivalent professional experience
- A deep understanding of the nonprofit fiscal and legal framework in Mexico for donatarias autorizadas
- Experience using Quickbooks desktop, Microsoft Office Products (MS Excel, MS Word, etc.) and Google Suite (google sheets, google docs, gdrive, etc), and adobe
- Familiarity with technology such as zoom, Monday.com, or slack, is preferred
- Ability to work quickly and accurately – strong attention to detail is a must
- Advanced oral and written communications skills in both English and Spanish
- Exceptional financial oversight experience and skills
- Strong background in Human Resource as it relates to compliance and legal requirements in Mexico
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully work under tight deadlines
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple projects successfully
- Strong relationship-building skills, with an interest in understanding and working positively with people from a variety of cultures
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff of all levels and work well as part of a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision and take a task from start to finish, showing initiative and creativity
HIP-Latinoamérica, A.C. offers competitive compensation and a range of benefits. This position has a monthly salary range starting at 60,570 MXN plus benefits for full time employees including medical coverage, vacation, and paid holiday time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Daily use of computer and phone for regular communications with staff and team members. This position is based in Mexico City, Mexico. Employees are required to comply with HIP’s health and safety measures consistent with CDC guidelines, and federal, state, and local regulations.
How to Apply
Submit an application (https://forms.gle/SNVQE6cHRndmhwgz8) to be considered for this position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with preference to applications received by September 30th, 2022. Required materials include a cover letter and resume. Materials can be submitted in English or Spanish. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Three references, at least two from a former supervisor, will be requested of those continuing through the interview process.