Individual Giving Manager
Reports to: Director, Strategic Partnerships
Position Type: 100% FTE
Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) is a transnational network of grantmakers committed to strengthening Latinx communities across the Americas. HIP connects and convenes funders, nonprofits, researchers, and other leaders to identify emerging needs among Latinx as well as best practices for responsive and effective funding of social change. HIP pioneers new philanthropic models by leading collaborative initiatives and has provided grants and training to help build the capacity of more than 800 organizations and leaders.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, the Individual Giving Manager will be responsible for building and enhancing our individual donor programs, including Annual Fund and Major Donors. The Individual Giving Manager will have primary responsibility for leading the organization's annual giving efforts, setting strategy and executing fundraising plans for sustaining and growing the number of annual donors, the size of individual donations, and the conversion of annual donors to future Campaign donors. In addition, the Manager will work in collaboration with Development staff to establish HIP’s planned giving vehicle. The Manager will also support major giving efforts of HIP leadership including the CEO, as well as members of the Board, and assist in any special fundraising events.
- Plan and implement the fundraising strategy for Individual Giving for the fiscal year;
- Represent HIP and its programs in meetings, phone conversations, and at events with individual donors and prospective donors;
- Guide solicitation of individual prospects for HIP leadership and members of the board of directors such as solicitor brief, schedule meetings and events, prepare any presentation materials;
- Assist with donor prospecting, including research, rating and screening sessions;
- Effectively guide staff in solicitation, research, and donor relations;
- Create all departmental materials to aid in solicitation of individuals;
- Plan and execute donor events and coordinate logistics with the HIP events team to ensure an exceptional donor experience, with a focus on cultivation and stewardship.
- Work closely with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to engage major donors and familiarize them with scope of HIP’s programs;
- Develop long-term growth plan, particularly for major gifts, working closely with the Director of Strategic Partnerships;
- Assist the Director of Strategic Partnerships to provide support to the Board for fundraising initiatives;
- Ensure effective communications with the Director of Strategic Partnerships regarding status of solicitations and prospects;
- Develop and implement close and productive working relationship with HIP program staff;
- Monitor revenue and expenses related to Individual Giving on a quarterly basis, and prepare regular reports on all appeal activities;
- Create and implement effective interdepartmental communications to report, coordinate, and track solicitations and donations;
- Ensure effective database tracking and accounting policies;
- Perform other duties as related or assigned.
- 5+ years of experience as a fundraiser specializing in individual giving and major gift donations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Experienced manager with strong leadership skills;
- Demonstrated experience writing complex material including prospect research and briefings;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines and work streams with speed and accuracy;
- Ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors and potential donors; customer-service orientation;
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as independently;
- Experience with budgeting, planning and project administration;
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across departments and work remotely with virtual teams across the U.S. and in Mexico City;
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus;
- Ability to travel occasionally and comply with related COVID-19 organizational policies;
Hispanics in Philanthropy offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a range of benefits for full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, commuter check benefits, discounts on services, as well as sick, vacation, and paid holiday time.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position requires 7+ hours per day sitting and working from your computer.. This position may be a remote position or based out of the Oakland, CA office. Some travel will be required. Employees are required to comply with health and safety measures consistent with CDC guidelines, and federal, state, and local regulations.
How to Apply
Submit an application (https://forms.gle/SDqPkqRDVUX4D5a26) by June 20th to be considered. Three references will be requested of those continuing through the interview process.
Hispanics in Philanthropy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.