Power Building & Justice Request for Proposal
HIP recognizes various issue areas that disproportionately impact people of color (e.g. Climate Justice, Migration, LGBTQI+ Justice, Gender Equity, Housing Insecurity) and the intersectional nature of the work needed. The PBJ Fund will cultivate an ecosystem of movements and organizations with a focus on healing, capacity building, and personal leadership development.
- Support Latinx-led and BIPOC-led organizations creating pathways for self, family and community through leadership development and movement building.
- Model how Latinx communities are engaging in civic life and are reflected in local, regional, and federal transformational public policy change.
- Nurture a cohort of Latinx and BIPOC-led organizations in the South and Southwest through a justice-centered approach, long-term funding strategy, and investments with philanthropic and government dollars.
- Nonprofits with work focused in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arizona, New Mexico, & Texas.
- Organizations led or co-led by at least a Latinx or BIPOC identifying staff (e.g Executive Director, President, CEO)
- Organizations serving historically and currently under-resourced communities.
- Organizations with an annual budget under $3Million.
We especially encourage organizations with the below characteristics to apply
- With predominantly Latinx and BIPOC staff
- With a predominantly Latinx and BIPOC Board of Directors
- Working with rural communities
- Networks in coalition with other Latinx-led/BIPOC-led or serving organizations
- With operational budget under $3million, with a particular preference given to organizations with budgets under $1million
- 3 years (2022-2025)
Number of Selected Organizations
- Movement Building
- Leadership Development
- Civic Education & Engagement
- Policy Change
Capacity Building Program (July 2022 – March 2023)
- 6 Sessions
- 2 Events (1 Retreat & 1 Networking)
- 1 Yearly Reporting Call (3 total)
- Final Report: Written or Video
- RFP Released: February 14, 2022 @ 9am EST
- Webinar: February 15, 2022 @ 2pm EST. Register here.
- Webinar: March 15, 2022 @ 2pm EST. Register here.
- Webinar: April 5, 2022 @ 2pm EST. Register here.
- RFP Closed: April 29, 2022 @ 8:00pm EST