Applications Open for HIP’s Líderes Fellowship
More than ever, it is critical that Latinxs have a seat at the table at the institutions whose policies, funding, and direct services will impact the Latinx community in the decades to come.
HIP’s Líderes Fellowship cultivates mid-career Latinxs working in philanthropy and nonprofits by gaining knowledge, learning new practices, and building relationships within a network that supports their ability to advance and thrive.
The HIP Líderes Fellowship looks to develop a new kind of Latinx leader with the moral imperative to address inequities. A new Latinx Líder must be an advocate for the Latinx community and must be able to take action to make the philanthropic sector more equitable. HIP Líderes break down barriers and challenge the status quo while building a community of peers in which they can trust and develop meaningful long-lasting relationships.
Through the fellowship, a diverse group of mid-career professionals from the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors—including indigenous, Afro, women, and LGBTQI Latinxs—gain the knowledge, skills, and networks to thrive. The interactive program includes:
- An in-person or virtual welcome focused on building collective power through new professional relationships.
- Learning sessions within monthly communities of practice that build an understanding of systemic racism and support individual and collective agency in changing oppressive systems.
- Access to seasoned social sector professionals as thought partners and coaches.
- Access to a community where mid-career Latinxs find the support to become thought leaders and field influencers.
- Creation of collaborative environments between potential funders and change-makers.
- An in-person or virtual closing retreat to celebrate lessons learned and reaffirm relationships within the cohort. (If the context allows it.)
- An initiation into a national Latinx leadership network.
- Increase their agency to take action toward achieving personal goals and promoting equity within the sector
- Learn how to apply a micro-to-macro analysis of how to navigate and promote change within various systems
- Gain a network of deep, meaningful peer relationships nationally that foster alliance building and professional growth
- Develop their ability to take care of their physical, mental, and spiritual health
Who Should Apply
You are a good candidate for this one-of-a-kind leadership development opportunity if you are:
- An individual who wants to learn with and from your peers and experienced field professionals;
- Invested in navigating and transforming organizational and sector dynamics associated with policies, practices, and culture that are aligned with the values of justice, diversity, inclusion, and equity;
- Working in the nonprofit and philanthropic sectors.
- Mid-career Latinx professionals working in the social sector, including philanthropy and nonprofits.
- Líderes who have the courage to work in the intellectual and emotional complexity of the intersections in which we all live, including race, class, education, gender identity, ability, etc.
- Latinxs who represent the beautiful diversity of our comunidad, including indigenous, Afro, women, and LGBTQI Latinxs.
*Priority will be given to candidates from the South and Midwest
What is Expected
We are now accepting applications for the fellowship. The application and program timeline is as follows:
- Application deadline: May 14, 2021
- Announcement about acceptances: Mid-July 2021
- Program starts: September 2021
- Program ends: June 2022
If you want to learn more about the program watch this video.
Feel free to email Stephanie Roman at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP)
Please Spread the Word!
If you know anyone who might be interested in the fellowship, please encourage them to apply! Feel free to post the message below:
“Help build the next generation of Latinx philanthropic leaders. HIP’s Líderes Fellowship empowers a new generation of Latinxs to step into leadership positions in the public sector. Apply to be a #HIPLideres today with @BeHipGive. hiponline.org/applications.”