Cohort 7. New Applications
Launch of Applications for HIP’s Cohort 7 Líderes Fellowship
Overview of the Program:
With the constantly changing of times, affirming a space for Latinx leaders proves to be evermore important within institutions whose policies, funding, and direct services impact the Latinx community.
HIP’s Líderes Fellowship is built for mid-career Latinxs working in social justice (including philanthropy and nonprofits). The Fellowship’s main goals are in providing the líderes with new knowledge, new practices, and new relationships within a network of supportive individuals.
The Líderes Fellowship develops a self defined leader who addresses inequalities and builds power for transformation. Therefore, a Latinx Líder must be an advocate for the community, and within philanthropy, actively pushing for a more equitable sector. As a member of the HIP Líderes Fellowship, líderes build strong and long-lasting relationships. Those relationships then strengthen each other’s ability to break down barriers and challenge the oppressive status-quo.
The Fellowship promotes social justice and contributes to dismantling systems of oppression, thus, working towards co-creating cultures of belonging in philanthropy. The central focus of the fellowship is the Líderes and the development of their leadership skills, executive presence, healing practices, and visions of social justice. Furthermore, the fellowship promotes reflective practices through social justice and racial equity lenses.
Ideally, the fellowship is a diverse group of mid-career professionals from the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors, and together gain the knowledge, skills, and networks to thrive.
The interactive program includes:
- A virtual welcome orientation and an in-person opening retreat focused on building collective power through new professional relationships;
- Monthly community of practices that build an understanding of systemic racism, and supports individual and collective agency in challenging oppressive systems;
- Connecting with seasoned social justice professionals as thought partners and coaches;
- Access to a community where mid-career Latinxs find the support to become thought leader and field influencers;
- Collaborative environments with potential funders and change-makers;
- A hybrid closing retreat to celebrate lessons learned and affirm relationships within the cohort;
- Upon completion of the program, an initiation into the national Líderes Alumni Network.
Through the program, Líderes gain an increased awareness about their leadership style, their role in transforming the sector, and their next steps to putting it all in action.
The program helps Líderes:
- Increase their agency towards taking action to achieve their goals and promoting equity within the sector;
- Learn how to apply a micro-to-macro analysis to navigate and promote changes from within the system;
- Create a deep and national network of meaningful peer relationships that foster alliances building and professional growth;
- Develop their ability to take care of their physical, mental, and spiritual health.
Who Should Apply:
You are a good candidate for this one-of-a-kind leadership program if you:
- Want to learn with and form your peers and experienced field professionals;
- Involve yourself with the steering of the policies, practices, and cultures of social justice, diversity, inclusion, and equity;
- Mid-career Latinx professionals working in the social justices sectors, including nonprofits and philanthropy;
- Individuals who have the courage to work with the intellectual and emotional complexities that come from our intersectional lives (e.g., race, class, education, gender identity, abilities/disabilities, etc.);
- Individuals who identify as Latinx and/or of Latin American descent including: Afro-, Asian-, indigenous- Latinx, and LGBTQ+.
*Priority will be given to candidates from the South East and Midwest*
Applications for Cohort 7 will launch Monday, November 1st, 2021, and the deadline for applications is Friday, January 14th, 2022.
If you would like more information about the program, watch this video!
Click below to access the application for the 2022 HIP Líderes Fellowship:
Feel free to email Karla Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
About Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP)
Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP) is on a mission to strengthen Latinx leadership, influence and equity by leveraging philanthropic resources, and doing so with an unwavering focus on social justice and shared prosperity across the Americas. As the leader of a transnational network of foundations, donors, and nonprofits, we are making impactful investments in the Latinx community and developing our leaders so they can effectively address the most pressing issues impacting communities in the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean.
Please Spread the Word!
If you know anyone who might be interested in the fellowship, we encourage you to submit their name via nomination and they will receive a personal invitation to apply!
Share Opportunity on Social Media
“Help build the next generation of Latinx philanthropic leaders. HIP’s Líderes Fellowship empowers a new generation of Latinxs to step into leadership positions in the public sector. Apply to be a #HIPLideres today.” The application is now available!