FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HIP Líderes Mid-Career Fellowship
- What is the age group for participating in the fellowship? What does mid-career mean?
There is no age range for participation - what carries more weight is your time working and involved in the social sector. The fellowship is for individuals who have a minimum of 5 years experience in the social justice, nonprofit or philanthropic sectors.
- Is there travel associated with the Fellowship?
Yes, the Opening & Closing Retreats are two events that require in-person participation.
- What is the time commitment for the fellowship?
60 - 90 working hours over a period of 10 months. This includes meeting in person, travel time, virtual meetings, and individual and group work.
- If I'm based outside the US can I apply?
Unfortunately, we can only offer spaces for folks who are based in the US (including Puerto Rico). But, we are working on creating a similar experience for people outside the US.
- I am new to philanthropy. Can I still apply?
The Líderes fellowship is for mid-career Latine leaders who have been in the field a minimum of 5 years. If you are new to philanthropy, we recommend consulting with your employer and see what they recommend.
We also recommend you check out EPIP’s Philanthropology program if you are new to philanthropy.